Saturday 26 March 2011

Envy-inducing photos

As requested, here are some pictures of the hostel I took today to make you all jealous.


View from the street - most of the houses in this neighbourhood are made of wood.

Bedroom. Standard hostel size.

View from my pillow.


View from the computer room.

TV room with Sky (we found a UKTV channel, but in the end watched the Home and Away omnibus to help us adjust to this foreign land).

Stepping out into the garden.

Outside seating area 1.

Outside seating area 2.

Covered outside seating area 3.

View as I ate my cereal this morning.



I would also like to let you know that it is true that on the other side of the world everything is upside down. I turned the above photos of the hostel the right way round, to make it easier for everyone.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a great hostel. Love the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a fair bit nicer than I expected from the word 'hostel'. A nice place to live for a couple of months

    ReplyDelete
  3. Place looks fab. Not like any hostels I've ever stayed in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a long-stay hostel, will only take people for minimum of a week. Everyone here is older than us, and it's more of a shared house situation than anything else. It's not cheap, but because it's a few mins out of the city centre it's cheaper than normal hostels.

    ReplyDelete
  5. say hello to Tom, a guy with dreadlocks, if he's still there..

    ReplyDelete